Pages

Subscribe:

My Journey In Selling My Phone

I just bought another new cell phone and I didn't want to add it to the pile that's accumulating in a box in the garage. My carrier sent a pre-paid slip in the box in which I received my new cell phone, but as I was filling it out I realized that the phone I was giving away for free was probably valuable to somebody else. I got my new phone because I wanted something up to date for my job, but my old one was less than a year old. So could I sell my phone instead of getting nothing for it?

I had never thought about this before, but the longer I left my old cell phones lying around the less they would be worth, so I got on the internet and investigated. I'm actually surprised that the cell phone company doesn't offer a trade in for newer phones, maybe some do but mine carrier certainly doesn't.

I was really surprised at the number of places where I could sell my phone online. Most of these companies offer good money for some of the newer model cell phones. The Blackberry I used to have was worth between $50 and $100 depending on which company I chose to send it to. Mine was in perfect condition because I had kept it in a case and had protective film put on the glass, and an extra $100 would offset the cost of my new phone substantially.

But if I wanted to sell my phone to one of these online companies, could I trust them? Would I just send my phone away and never hear from anyone ever again? I realized I had to choose a company and do some more research. It didn't take long, I simply Googled each company name and checked to see if there were any complaints about them. One had a lot of complaints and those were mainly from people who said they sent in a phone that was in really good condition, but they didn't receive the amount that was quoted.

The company I chose had a lot of great feedback so I went to their site and downloaded a USPS shipping label. A few days later I received an email acknowledgement and a few days later I was notified by PayPal that there was nearly $100 sitting in my account! It was really easy.

Learn more about suggestions on how to sell mobile phone and ways to sell iPhone 3G 8GB.


View the original article here

Related Post



No comments:

Post a Comment